Monday, February 23, 2009

All the Whos down in Whoville, the tall and the small...

Mama Jo: So tonight we’re eating “who hash” for dinner. (No Cindy-Lou-Who wasn’t on our plates…it’s just one of those “incredible-isms” we spout at random.) We had some amazing left over BBQ’d pork steak which we sautéed with onions, mushrooms, and left over baked potatoes. Major yum! Anyway, Jemima was sitting by me, not exactly begging, but sort of begging (I was reading her mind…it was begging.) And so I give her two potatoes bits from my feast of who hash. Evidently beggars can be choosers because Jemima “chose” to ignore her humble potatoes and hold out for some succulent pork steak. Yabb gave a Jemima a talking to, informing her she should be grateful for potatoes, that her potatoes would feed a starving family in Ethiopia. GoBot told Jemima that starving families in Ethiopia would probably eat her instead. Jemima, feeling her shame, decided to eat her potatoes. (Our vet would have vetoed potatoes…period.)
Jemima: Yeah, I ate them. It was the whole visual imagine of “Jemima-hash” that got me. (Don’t tell the vet.)

2 comments: