Monday, April 5, 2010

When the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie….

Mama Jo:  I’ve been taking my news year’s resolutions more serious this year. Well, I only made two. Still, I’m taking them more seriously!

Resolution #1. Stop being a hermit.

Resolution #2. Make a new recipe every week. Mama Mia! This has been fabulous. Most have been wonderful. A few we were grateful for the experience, but probably won’t serve it again. I’ve been taking some cooking classes (definitely helps with resolution #1) and also creating some major yum from some delightful cook books. I’ll share more about them later. In the mean time, bon appetite!

In regards to Resolution #1, I decided to sign up for a Block of the Month at the local quilt shop.  The blocks are from the book "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler," by Jennifer Chiaverini.  It has been brutal.  I can honestly say that I am a fairly advanced quilter, but I'm not impressed with the instructions, etc.  We have to make seven 6" blocks every month.  If I hadn't pre-purchased 10+ yards of background fabric I would drop it.  So BOO to this resolution.  (Although, the blocks that I have made are really pretty...more on that later!)

Resolution #2 is going well, in part, due to a series of cooking classes that I have taken.  I have taken a home-made pasta class, soup, sushi, artisan bread, cupcake, crepes, etc.  It has been fabulous.  Below is some home-made ravioli with two sauces:  Marinara and a butter sage sauce that is to die for! 
 
Ciao Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment